Prerequisites to the Facilitator Training Program:
- Completion of an Awakening Retreat and a six step Wellspring Group before the training, or a willingness to complete the Awakening Retreat and the six step Wellspring Group as a part of the training.
- A personal interest in the connection between authenticity, spirit, place (nature) and creativity.
- Entry Interview with a SPA Sisters Trainer
Before you can begin training, a Spa Sisters Facilitator Trainer will interview you to discern if the training is the right fit. The tools and learning you receive from the training can be used in your work and life. There may also be an opportunity for you to consult with SPA Sisters as a Facilitator. Each Facilitator Consultant works with the organization, but is not an employee of the organization. So, in effect, each facilitator is an independent consultant with her own business who we support with our resources.
- Completion of the Awakening Retreat and a six step Wellspring Group.
- The training program will include time in nature at each meeting with exercises using creative tools such as journal writing, simple art and poetry (no experience necessary).
- A written essay 10 to 12 pages long, integrating your experience of personal metaphors from nature which have affected your own sense of spirit and authentic self throughout your life.
- Required reading: a minimum of three books from a selected bibliography and creating an annotated bibliography of one page for each.
- Meeting 2-3 times with other women who are in the training program to share learning and have practicum experience facilitating.
- The groups for the facilitator training will have no more than 6 participants.
- The locations are to be determined and the cost is $450 for this Program.
- Register by contacting: Susan Borgstrom, M.A., Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates and Times are set according to need. Once several women have requested training, a SPA Sisters’ Trainer will work out the dates and times with you.